Sunday, March 19, 2017

The Beginning, decisions and research

Having a twelve year old boy on the spectrum can be interesting, challenging and exhausting. His behaviour can be tough. Hormones, anxiety, frustration and general anger make a tough combination.  I'm very lucky he has good speech most of the time, can engage when he chooses too and sleep isn't our biggest problem. Mainly its behavioural. Even though he goes to a specialized school, hes in isolation. He has no active teacher, only working with two snas who have the guidance of a teacher. He isnt allowed socialize in school as its not considered safe. Because he is due to go to a new secondary school and his lack of social skills mixed with potential behaviour makes him being offered a place risky.  This is the only school that can meet his needs so we're stressed waiting.

Obviously because of his behaviours he is on medication. He has been on so many, some didnt work, some caused more problems with diet and huge weight increase and to be honest we have no options left that are safe for a twelve year old. If what hes on now stops completely we have a huge problem to face. Having residential mentioned as a possibility during meetings isnt nice to face.

As a parent of a child with autism google is automatic. You research nearly everything, read anything you can find and talk to god only knows how many parents in god knows how many forums.
When CBD oil kept propping up I decided to research as much as I could. I read so many posts from other parents seeing drastic changes so I kept looking.  Your first worry is is it legal? But you quickly learn that once its THC Free its safe and completely normal. I spoke to his psychiatrist but because there hasnt been enough research and isnt actually prescribed there was little she could say to help. She just warned me to stay away from anything with THC because there have been reports of episodes of psychosis and with my sons history of aggression it was too risky.

So I looked into brands, dosages and where to get it.  Being honest it was so confusing. This is the downside to it not being regulated. Your going completely on recommendations from other parents and suppliers. Of course the higher the CBD content the more expensive it is, and for such a tiny bottle it can be very expensive.
The one that was most recommended was a Brand called Charlottes Web. The Highest content having 8% cbd content and costing on average 170euro for 10mls. the lowest dose from a brand called Hempture has 3% and costs 34euro for 10mls. 10mls should cost you between 20 and 30 days depending on dosage.

My mind is boggled.

3 comments:

  1. The high CBD oil is regarded as a cure for cancer alongside other serious illnesses.More information on bestcbdoilforanxiety on bestcbdoilforanxiety.net..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have. all about cbd

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It is the old what goes around comes around routine. CBD Oil Manufacturer Florida

    ReplyDelete